Lillian’s Light currently offers the following services at no cost to our senior citizens throughout the city of Chicago. These services include, but are not limited to:
· Provide annual fall brunch/gift bag giveaway (which includes everyday essential items). Previous speakers of this event have included: Attorney General, Roland Burris, Cook County Board President, Toni Preckwinkle and Deputy Mayor Chief Neighborhood Development Officer, Andrea Zopp.
· Accompany seniors to medical appointments including:
a. Diagnostic evaluations
b. Medical consultations, etc.
· Provide housekeeping services as needed.
· Review their insurance benefits, including benefits they may not be aware of.
· Assist with preparation of final arrangements.
· Provide transportation to and from various events/activities.
· Annual holiday basket give-away to over 375 senior citizens.
· Provide respite care to family members whose parents reside with them.
· Negotiated a lower price and purchased the items listed:
b. Personal care items
c. Life alert system which included the monthly monitoring cost
d. Purchased necessary medications
e. Took items that needed repairing to and from repair shop
Help us change the world