Lillian’s Light was founded in 2014 by Verda Wilkerson in Chicago, Illinois. She began assisting in the care of her great-grandmother at the age of 17 and has been caring for senior citizens ever since.
As she watched her grandmother go through her transition of life, her vision unfolded in the mission statement of the organization: With the infusion of passion, we are lovingly committed to assisting our senior citizens with the utmost care, because they deserve it.
Lillian’s Light currently offer the following services to our senior citizens throughout the city of Chicago. These services include, but are not limited to:
· Provide annual fall brunch/gift bag giveaway (which includes everyday essential items). Previous speakers of this event have included: Attorney General, Roland Burris, Cook County Board President, Toni Preckwinkle and Deputy Mayor Chief Neighborhood Development Officer, Andrea Zopp.
· Accompany seniors to medical appointments including:
a. Diagnostic evaluations
b. Medical consultations, etc.
· Provide housekeeping services as needed.
· Review their insurance benefits, including benefits they may not be aware of.
· Assist with preparation of final arrangements.
· Provide transportation to and from various events/activities.
· Annual holiday basket give-away.
Help us change the world